Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Workout Motivation

I have never really been the type of person that loves working out. Although I have gotten better with exercise as I have gotten older, I haven't been able to make it a habit. Does anyone else feel this way?

Especially since I have back problems. (arthritis and two herniated disks) I need to make exercise a priority. I want to take better care of my body and be able to live well in the future.

Before my back problems I was doing Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover pretty consistantly.


I really enjoyed this because it was broken down into 8 week segments. Each segment is around 15-20 min. As the weeks progress the levels get more difficult. I definately saw results with this DVD and also started to feel stronger. I never did make it to week 8. I gave up around week 6 or 7 because it was getting tough and I started having back problems.



The above pictures are from week 1. As you can see it starts off a very low impact. This is really great for me.

It has now been about 3 months since I have worked out. I haven't been motivated to turn this DVD on. I think about it daily but don't do anything.

What do you do when you are in a rut for motivation? Do you try something new? 


A part of me thinks that's what I need, but then I wonder if a new DVD will even make a difference. I wonder if I should just push myself to start this?

Here is a pictures of pictures of my Neice on Halloween...



No comments: