Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cake in the morning

I have to stop in when something seems important for me to share.  This morning was one of those times.

This morning I ate my breakfast which was a banana and a small tortilla with eggs, tomato and cheese. I wasn't as satisfied this morning, and still felt hungry.

My sister dropped off the baby this morning and brought me a half of a cake she baked. Right away I wanted a piece. The cake was on my mind for about 10 minutes. I kept telling myself you can have a piece later, but the truth is I was hungry and cake sounded good to me at that moment so I went for it. I feel satisfied now.

This is what listening to your body is all about. Some mornings you want some cake and that's ok, your body will never fail to tell you want it wants and needs. It's your emotions that are evil  and get in the way : )

As long as I know that I'm not eating for an emotion and I'm truly at peace with eating what I'm about to eat it, always feels right.

I decided to make Friday's my official weigh in day of the week. I was getting way too dependent on the scale multiple times a day. I put it away for now and I'm taking it out once a week to check in. I'm trying my best to not get hung up on the number. Either way I'm eating better, exercising and trying to manage my emotions. What more can I do?

I'm happy with where I am right now.

Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: