Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pushing Myself

I'm really ready to see change in myself. I'm doing really well with listening to my body and feeding it fairly well.

If I'm truly hungry I'm eating foods that I know will nourish my body. If I'm looking for a treat I know that I'm not truly hungry but I don't deny myself either. I will tell myself that I can have a treat after dinner. I have been able to hold out until then and it hasn't made me feel restricted at all.

I notice that I really do get this inuitive eating thing for the most part, but I just have to keep at it. I never make progress for too long because I revert back to old habits of emotional eating.

I have to remember this quote because it is so true. I have to  be happy for the progress I have made so far and not be hard on.myself.  I have changed a lot in how I see food and how I feel around food. I used to have a lot of anxiety around food always worrying about fat and calories. Those days are now pretty much history.

I have put away the scale for now and I'm not going to lie I did peek yesterday and noticed a small drop, but I decided that it is much better for me not to know the number, I really think it takes away the whole purpose of this journey for me. I'm going to stick to weighing myself once a month for now.

I worked out on Monday for the first time in 3 months! I'm so sore!!. I have never been this sore ever. I realized that I need to push myself out of the box to try things that challenge me. If I don't challenge myself I will never see any results in my fitness. I did a workout on exercise tv online, it was free and only 20 minutes.

I'm going to see if I can manage to do something today that is a little less intense. I don't want to not workout but I don't want to hurt myself either.

How long do you you wait in between workouts if you are very sore? 

No comments: