Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blogging and my goals

Well thanks to my reading yesterday as well as the comments I received,  I have decided that I do need to keep blogging. I get tired of hearing myself repeat things and go through the same struggles over and over. So that means that change is needed to get different results.

 I was inspired through Tina @ http://www.faithfitnessfun.com/ to set goals for myself.

I realize that change takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Setting goals will hold me accountable and push me to actually make changes instead of  just saying that I want to.

Goals for June

  • I will stay off the scale for the month of June- This is going to be tough. I get on the scale at least 3 times daily. I know that it affects my mood. I have to break the habit.

  • Read at least one book this month - Tomorrow I'm starting battlefield of the mind.

  • Strength training 2-3 times per week - I have a DVD that i'm using but I keep doing the same 2 workouts out of fear that I can't do the harder levels. I will push myself each week to move up a level.

  • I will wake up earlier each morning to make the time for my prayer/reading time - I never leave myself alone time to start my day off with my prayer/reading time. I end up having to skip it or I squeeze it in at some point. It's important to me to start my day off that way.

  • I will put more effort into keeping in touch with loved ones and friends - I get lazy with this. I love seeing everyone but tend to get so caught up in my routine that I don't set aside time to see the ones I care for.
I also wanted to share a picture of myself. I started to take pictures of myself when I really felt good about myself. Some of them are with make up, some without, and some right afer a workout. I wanted to capture those moments so that I can remember how I felt and most of  all that beauty has many different faces. I have struggled so much with feeling good about myself, especially without makeup on.



Have a wondeful Day!


4 comments:

Tessa @ Amazing Asset said...

Hi Tina!
I just stumbled upon your blog from Lisa's and I truly am glad I did. I started my blog around the same time you did in March, to talk about my interests in nutrition, running, fitness, but also the amount of years I have struggled with disordered eating. I talk a lot about this on my blog and hearing support from the blogging community has helped me so much on this difficult journey.
I just read your post from yesterday and am so glad to hear you are going to continue blogging.
Don't worry about repeating yourself or going through the same struggles all of the time. This journey toward recovery is never easy and we face the same obstacles each and everyday. Sometimes I feel like a broken record with the amount of times I confess to using the scale again, or feeling "fat," not eating intuitively, etc. This is your personal recovery and you should blog only if you want to (which it seems you do :)).
Check out my blog sometime if you would like, www.amazingasset.com. We can do this lady, keep your head up and work those goals for this month!

sotm121097 said...

Thanks so much for your kind words! I know you are right. I just get my moments where I feel like a broken record : )
I definately look forward to checking out your blog.

Karen said...

Good luck with your goals for June! I like to post my goals too so that I have the accountability factor. If I don't have someone to keep me accountable I tend to slack off : )

sotm121097 said...

Thanks Karen! I loved that recipe by the way. I just added some onion, celery and a little ketchup to the mix.