Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pushing through and a recipe

Boy did I have to give myself a huge push to workout this morning! I was fighting tooth and and nail, but I'm so glad that I gave in. I feel great. Why is it always so hard to get started? I told myself that I'm commiting to 3 days of exercise a week for this month so I have to do this!

My plan with setting this challenge is to hopefully get myself to form an execise habit. Once that is in place I can move on to more time or more days per week.

I have been doing my normal dvd that I have talked about before ...Bob Green total body makeover. I was pretty bored with it, but I decided to up my weight. The workout is more intence now and I'm liking it : )

I wanted to share a recipe that I made the other day. Sorry no photos, my camera is broken.

Spaghetti w/ ground chicken

Cut up 2 cloves garlic and 1/2 a large onion and saute in 2 tbsp of oil
Add ground chicken and cook until brown
Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder
Add 28ounce can on tomato sauce + 1 can tomato paste  (add 3/4 can of water and add to sauce)
season with basil, black pepper, a little oregano and some pecorino romano cheese. (sorry I eyeball measurements)

Bring to a boil and then put on low for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Stirring every 1/2 hour.

Add this to any type of pasta. We really enjoyed this. I always tried this with ground turkey but never thought it would be good with chicken. It's yummy and even less fat and calorie than turkey!

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Tina @ Best Body Fitness said...

Congrats on upping the weights! Feeling yourself get stronger is always instant extra mojo for a workout for me too. :)

sotm121097 said...

Thanks Tina!