Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Binge Eating

I have been binge eating or more so emotional eating lately. I was told by someone to wait 15 minutes once you have the feeling to binge and just try to figure out what is going on that is making you want to binge.

I really didn't think it was possible for me. If you are a binge eater you know the feeling of anxiety and panic that just suddenly comes over you, your hunger level shoots up to level 10 in minutes.

 This happened last night as I was packing up my families lunches. I walked out of the kitchen and forced myself to sit there and journal it out. Guess what? It worked!! I felt so great. The feeling subsided and I was calm again. I'm not sure what was making me eat, but the good thing is I was able to stop it in it's tracks.

I will be using this tool as I see how well it does work. In the moment before a binge you feel so powerless, but that is obviously not true. I'm in control!

I even noticed a slight drop in the scale this morning which tells me that when I follow the principals of Intuitive Eating the scale moves. I know I have pretty much maintained this weight for about 2 years, but I also know that my bouts of emotional/binge eating have held me back from reaching my body's natural weight.

Here is to another great day!

No comments: