Monday, March 12, 2012

The dreaded scale

Why is it that everytime I feel like I'm doing so well I have the urge to step on the scale just to prove something to myself?

I guess it's no surprise that the number very much disappointed me today. I really feel like I have been doing well and it's up 2-3lbs. I know the usual reasons that this can happen, I did start working out again this week so I'm sure that could be it, also It could be water weight...bla bla : ) 

It still got me down a bit though. It will not change my course, but definately made me FEEL different. Before getting on I felt thinner.

Why did I bother getting on at all. I wish I was able to just leave the scale alone. Any tips on how to do that?

1 comment:

Katie@Real Food Katie's Way said...

I understand you completely...When I was losing weight I stepped on the scale constantly but it got to a point where it was dictating how I was feeling about myself.

A number.

A simple number had so much power.

SO I just decided enough was enough and I haven't stepped on the scale since.

It's difficult but at the end of the day I know I am happier without knowing the number. If my pants start to feel tight, I know I've put on weight and as such I get back to basics.

Don't give that scale too much power. It does not deserve it.

YOU do the work, not the scale, so don't let it tell you whether or not you are doing a good job.