Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This has to stop

I'm not going to beat around the bush...I have been binging constatly lately.  I haven't been able to get through one day without a binge. I realize that I get very overwhelmed with life and when things bother me I don't always realize it's bothering me. I turn to food almost instantly. I don't even realize until i'm eating and at that point sometimes I don't care,  I just want to feel better.

The problem is that it always makes me feel so much worse after that sugar high wears off. It leaves me feeling depressed and hopeless. I feel like I have made so much progress in the past few months but in the past two weeks it feels like I have taken 10 steps back.

I haven't been blogging or journaling much about my feelings lately. I have to remember how important that is. I also think it's time for me to re-read intuitive eating.  I have to remind myself of what "real" hunger is.  I have lost that over these past two weeks.

I actually set myself up big time today. I baked a small batch of peanut butter cookies 8 to be exact, it is now 3:20 and I have eating all 8!  This is so hard for me to admit but that's the truth. I feel kinda sick now.

Here is to starting over, I can't give up. I know that one day this will all fall into place.

1 comment:

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun said...

Definitely don't give up! And you're right that getting out feelings helps so much. Plus, find any way to distract yourself outside of food. That helped me a lot when feeling the pull.