Monday, October 3, 2011

Intuitive Eating

Well today I'm bringing this little guy back into my life : )

As I read the words, get to your natural weight that fits you,  I wonder exactly what that means to me.

When I was a teenager I was always around 145lbs.  I'm 5'6" and I was pretty happy at that weight. Although back in High School I thought I could be thinner.  I was comparing myself to other people i'm sure.

When I lost 33lbs on Weight Watchers 5 years ago I got down to 145. I just couldn't beleive I did it. I realized shortly after getting to goal that 145lbs at age 29 wasn't sustainable anymore.

The truth is I looked good at that weight but I know that if it was my "Natural Weight." I wouldn't have been able to keep the weight off, or at least I think so.
 

I started binging shortly after I had lost the weight so I can't say for sure that 145 is NOT my natural weight.

All I know is i'm starting this book again and i'm hopeful of the outcome it will bring. I'm very curious what my "Natural Weight" really is?  Most importantly I look forward to getting control of my emotional eating and finding my true hunger for food and for life.

I know this is hard but I know deep down that I don't want anyone dictating to me what and how much I can eat!  I don't want to be one of those girls that is always depriving herself in social situations saying " I can't eat that, I'm dieting."  That used to be me, but no more! I refuse to live that life.


I want to be the true me.  I have to always remind myself that no matter what I weigh now I'm still that same great person and that people love me just the same.

Especially this guy : )

Add caption

No comments: