Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Emotional Eating

When it came time to pack up our old apartment and move I hardly ate.  I was so busy with things everyday that I had to keep reminding myself to eat.  It was also due to lack of food from the transition to the new place. We didn't want anything to spoil so we waited until we moved in the new place to go food shopping.

Now with more than enough snacks I'm doing just that, snacking on everything! I haven't been eating real meals or even sitting down for my meals. We don't have our new table just yet and I think part of me still doesn't feel completely settled. We have a few odds and ends to finish up but we don't have the money to complete things just yet.

We don't even have the money to buy school clothes for our son right now.  I think I'm a little stressed but I didn't  really notice that until now.  I know when I'm eating like this that something isn't right emotionally. Sometimes it just takes a little digging to figure it out. I know that by stressing it is not going to resolve these issues, so I have to find another way to deal.

  I spend most of my days at home since I babysit for my neice so staying out of the house really isn't an option until she is picked up later in the day. I'm hoping that I can find another outlet because I have been pretty bad lately.  I just picked all the crumbs off of a cake and ate them, as well as a 1/4 bag of doritos. I haven't done anything like that (the cake picking) in a long time!  I thought those days were over.   I know I have to forgive myself and move on.  Thank God for this blog, as it's really a journal of my feelings.  Now that I have shared here I hope I will be able to move on and get back on track with treating myself right.

With the move going on Hubby and I have not had anytime together. We haven't even had time to sit down and have coffee together. It feels like we are two ships passing in the night. We are both exhausted and over worked. I would love to have a night out but there is no way we can do that right now either.  I hope we can get sometime this weekend to finally sit together on our balcony and have a drink together.


How do you deal with stress?  What ways do you use to cope with stress in a healthy way? 

No comments: