Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend wrap up and taking things slower

This weeend we celebrated my sisters 30th Birthday.  She has been through a rough few months and things are finally getting a little better for her.  I'm excited for her to start off 30 on a good note.



I have come to realize over the past week or so that as long as I'm able to work to stop my emotional eating that I shouldn't have any problem with getting to a happy and healthy weight for myself. 

I know that in the past  I have lost weight quickly but that's the same reason that I was unable to keep it off. It was too many changes that I wasn't able to live with. Also I was living by a diet set of rules. I want to be in charge of myself. 

I'm so passed that and I really want to conquer this on my own!  I have been finding small ways that I can change, but at the sametime things that I know I can keep doing for a lifetime. Some of the changes are carrots instead of chips or fruit instead of chocolate after dinner, of course there are times when the chocolate wins but hey that's life right?  That's part of this journey. 

Yes, I know that this means that the weight isn't going to come off fast like I'm used to, but I have to remember that in the end I will be able to sustain the healthy changes that I have made along the way. 

I'm definately ok with that : )


Red Velvet, of course I had some!

Blowing out the candles

My sister and her Godson, they adore eachother!

My son, myself and my Godson

Me and Steve


My son being silly with me

My adorable Godson and my son









No comments: