Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Monitoring myself

I started to keep track of my calories this week.  I'm trying to figure out just how much I'm eating and how I can adjust things to help me loose the weight I need to loose.

In the past keeping track of calories or points has gotten me crazy and made me really obessesive.  I don't want that to happen again.  I'm just keeping track of what I eat at least for this week.  I find it very interesting how much my calories have varied from day to day.    I also find it a great tool in seeing how well I'm doing at including all the food groups. 

I have been using http://www.sparkpeople.com to keep track of my calories.  I love this site. It's free and has so many great tools and information about getting healthy.  So far this week my calories are as follows:

Monday - 1419

Tuesday - 2100

Wednesday - 1825 ...this includes dinner tonight but not a snack which I will most likely have : )

I have peeked at the scale and did see a slight drop, but it is still too early for me to say if anything changed for sure.

Do you find that monitoring your calories works for you, or does it drive you crazy?

No comments: