Monday, July 11, 2011

Positive Changes

So things are looking up for me. I'm sorry for any negativity from last week. I feel like I complained a lot about my back issues but only because I was in so much pain!

I saw the Dr. Friday and he told me that for now I can't exercise : (  and that is tough to swallow. I know that the past couple of weeks I haven't exercised because I just couldn't but still hearing that I CAN'T is different. This is a little upsetting because exercise was the one thing that was making me feel good about  myself, I was feeling stronger and it was putting me in a good mood. Now I have to try to come up with other ways to feel good about myself. I'm going to try walking if I'm able to without causing pain.

The Dr. put me on two medicines for the next month. Good news is so far it is helping ease the pain. I'm so happy for that! I have to go back in a month to see the Dr. and he will reasses things from there. If I'm still in pain he is going to talk about giving me a cortisone shot.

As far as taking care of myself, that has not been going well. I have been soothing my pain with food. This is stopping today! I have talked a little about giving up sugar before because I tend to abuse it. I started that today. I need this right now to get myself and my health under control.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 176lbs, I'm 5'5" and that is just not the weight I should be. I don't feel good about myself and I know my body will be better off without all that pressure on my joints right now. I'm eating more protein and I'm cutting out sugar for this week. I want to see how it will affect me.

Here is to a great week : )

No comments: