Monday, November 7, 2011

New Day

Today is a new day. That is always how I have to look at it right? I went to my Mom's for dinner yesterday and we enjoyed lasange, meatballs, bread and salad. I enjoyed all of it and was pretty full. Of course there was dessert.

I had two cupcakes and a small peice of pie. My Mom also sent me home with 6 cupcakes for my son. I know when she sends me home with goodies I'm usually the one that eats it! I did end up eating another two cupcakes later that night.

I haven't done something like that in quite sometime. I was a bit dissapointed that I gave in so fast. I wasn't hungry but I haven't had cupcakes in a while and I love them (hence the blog name) so I just couldn't get enough.

There are actually 4 cupcakes left and as I'm typing this I'm actually thinking of having another cupcake this morning. You know that mentality....if I eat all oft them they will be gone and nothing will tempt me. Yeah right! I should know better!

I know this is a journey and habits that I have had for years aren't going to go away so fast, but sometimes I do get my days that I get frustrated. Today is one of them.

I will do my best to stay away from those cupcakes for today because I know I will not feel good if I eat them again.

On a good note my son received his yellow belt in karate this weekend. I'm so proud of him! He has been so dedicated to karate.

No comments: