Monday, November 28, 2011

Feeling a little hopeless

I did well all day until now. I don't know why sweets have such power over me. I did well all day until I pulled out a cake that I baked over the weekend that was stored in the oven. I forgot that hubby put the cake in the oven (i'm sure he did this so I wouldn't be tempted) It was all good until I had to cook dinner : ) I opened the oven to put my meatloaf in and found that evil cake!

I took a nibble, then another nibble and then a peice. Followed that up with three cookies. Feeling kinda sad right now. In these moments I feel like I will never get a hold of my emotional eating. I don't even know why I ate that. Sometimes I feel like I just have that voice in my head saying don't eat that, and I just rebel and say oh yes I can. After I eat it I keep eating because I think I'm kinda punishing myself.

The one good thing I can say is that in the past I probably wouldn't have been able to stop myself. One day at a time right? I can break years of bad habits so fast. Although it's been about a year since I have started on this Intuitive Eating Journey...I will keep at it.

1 comment:

Marisa @ Loser for Life said...

I completely understand, Tina. Strange how we can let one bite send us off into more. I'm glad you were able to see a positive side in it. I think we often forget that one "incident" doesn't ruin all the work we put in!