Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Treats

I hope you all enjoyed your Halloween.


I can remember Halloween of past years (my dieting years) where I would secretly wait for time to look through all the candy (my son's candy...sad to say this) and pick out the things he didn't like so I could go to town on them. I always remember Halloween as a day that I binged until I was pretty much sick.

This binging would usually last for a week or two after Halloween or until the candy was gone. I could remember even eating the candy that I didn't like.

Just when I think that I have made no progress in my recovery I realized that today I sat here with a huge bowl of candy in the house. I had snickers, milky way, three different types of  M&M's and all I ate was one milky way!  That is HUGE for me!

I actually didn't even think much of the candy sitting right by me. I'm so happy to be able to be in this place and to be able to realize my progress. Days like this make me so eager to keep at this Intuitive Eating process.

I may not be the weight I want to be or the size jeans I want to be right now, but I think it's so much deeper than that. This is a journey and there are many peices to this puzzle. I see one of the peices are in its place so far and I'm so excited to see the puzzle unfold.








No comments: