Thursday, October 6, 2011

Intuitive eating update

I started reading Intuitive Eating again. I feel that the past two days have been better already.

I have a bunch of snacks in the house and I have not binged once in two days : )  I find that when I'm not telling myself that any food is forbidden, my desire for that food really does diminish.  I also see that as long as my emotions are in check that  i'm not craving foods to deal with how I feel.

I also notice that if I wake up early enough to do my daily bible reading and prayer I feel so much peace and the day goes so much better for me. I have gotten so close to God over this past year and have found more happiness in everday life because of him. Here are a couple of scriptures that bring me peace....

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” 


Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

This morning I baked some pumpkin spice cookies to bring to a friends house tonight. I tried one and haven't even thought of the cookies since. Usually I find myself making multiple trips back to the kitchen to grab a cookie.  

I'm feeling very positive right now. I hope this will continue.

No comments: