Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Positive Attitude

Today I just felt the need to talk about something that I feel is so important in life. I came across this quote this morning and it's just so true!

This seems so simple yet it is so hard for people to remember. I'm included in those people too : )

I used to be that person that always had something negative to say about others. I think it was just the way I was raised. Of course that is no excuse but it is just the truth. I had such a negative mindset and I really didn't realize just how judgemental I was at times.

I have come so far with my negative attitude. I definately owe my better attitude to my closer relationship with God.


Here are a few scriptures on this topic that are so powerful. Even if you aren't close to God these are words to live by.

 
Luke 6:37 
 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; 

John 7:24  
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”


Matthew 7:5 
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.


I have come a long way but I definately am no where near perfect. I'm striving to be better and more positive everyday.

I feel that this ties in so much with my emotional eating and binging. The more positive I am the better I do with my eating. 


Do you feel you are a positive person? What helps you to stay positive through struggles? 

No comments: