Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Learning to go with the flow

Today was just a normal day for me, I'm pretty set on what I do each morning and I'm not really a flexible person. I tend to pass things up if they are not planned ahead of time. 

This morning I had a little surprise. My Aunt called me up and said she was going to be shopping in the area, she invited me to go with her. At first I kinda of panicked inside. I know it might sound silly but I found myself trying to use different excuses as to why I shouldn't go. It's like I just didn't know what to do with myself without having this planned into my day. She finally said to me..Tina you need to learn how to just get up and go sometimes. I know it's not what you are used to but I think it will be good for you to learn how to be flexible. I told her I would go. I got myself together the best I could and I went out with her. 

We went shopping and she treated me for lunch, we even visited my sister and the baby. I was so happy that she pushed me to go. I realized in that moment that this is what life is about...going with the flow. I really enjoyed my day with her and now I have a new memory. I know in the past I have probably held myself back from growing and experiencing life because it wasn't part of my plan for the day. Not anymore!

No comments: