Thursday, June 30, 2011

Goals revisited

Wow! It's the end of June already. I can't beleive how time flew by. I wanted to give an update on my goals for the month. I'm really happy with how things turned out this month.

I gave up the scale - this was probably the hardest of all the goals. I did hop on 2 or 3 times but hey that's still better than 3 times or more a day right? I beleive my weight has gone down from what it was so that's a good thing. I want to limit my weighing to once a week right now. I will reasses this next month. 


I vowed to do 2-3 strength training workouts a week - Check for this one! I kept up with this and I even got a compliment from my sis that my butt looks lifted  : ) 


I said I would finish reading my book- I did get 3/4 of the way through. This wasn't really a serious goal but sometimes I start reading and I slack off too much that I take too long to finish. 

I also said I would do better at being in touch with friends/family - Check for this as well. I have to force myself to do this sometimes. It's not that I don't want to talk to people it's just that I'm used to be a depressed person in my past and I guess when you are down you tend to avoid people. No more of that for me!

I wanted to wake up earlier for my prayer/reading time- Up until this week I have accomplished this goal. I have to start getting my butt in bed earlier so I can start waking up on time again!

So overall I'm very pleased with the results of my goals this month. I will continue to keep up with these goals.


1 comment:

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food said...

yey for giving up the scale! that is a wonderful step :)

I absolutely know how you feel re staying in touch and depression. I always felt like no one would want to be around me when I was feeling down but it's simply not true. It's something I have to remind myself of.

So glad I happened across your blog! :)