Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nutella

Wow! Nutella is really evil : )  I just tried it for the first time today. I can't beleive how good it is but it's definately not something I can keep around. I decided to get rid of it today and I made some cookies from the rest of the jar.



They were made from 1 cup nuteall, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1 egg, I added an extra egg because the batter seemed too thick. I don' t know if I would do that again. I baked them for 9 min @350 degrees. They taste just like brownies to me with the crunch edge but the center is really chewy. 

So today wasn't the best with eating as you can see. Here is what I ate today before the Nutella fiasco...

It all started this morning when I decided to have Nutella on an english muffin. I realized then that I started my day off wrong. I realized how much sugar is in this stuff and now I know better that it's not going to bring out the best in me. When I have sugar at the start of the day I just don't eat well the rest of the day. 

I had a cheese stick and two slices of Boars Head Chicken breast mid morning

For lunch I had leftovers - turkey meatloaf, mashed potoatoes and corn...I see a pattern going on here.

Then snack today had to include tortilla chips with my hummus and carrots. I was just craving sugar and carbs all day. 

Then I made the cookies, I had one spoon of batter and about 3 cookies so far. 

Dinner is going to be steak on the grill with veggies and salad. Hoping for a better day tomorrow. 

I see now that writing this here is helping already to see what works for my body and what doesn't. 

No comments: